Wednesday, March 24, 2010

be still

20-20 Faith Sight is proud to offer this original poem from Guest Contributor Gina Burgess.

“be still”

I get to the screaming point.
I want to shout out the truth, but to no avail.
I work and work at trying to be what God wants me to be and I always fail.

Help me, Lord.
Carry me over the fjord.
The chasm is deep and
I weep.

Dry my tears.
Release me from my fears.
Carry the truth to those ears
that refuse to hear
the truth.

Put back that hair that I have pulled out.
Rub the steel bands that are supposed to be my shoulders
for I am done with things as they are, to no longer look back and pout.
Whisper my name, cause me to be still.

Tomorrow I shall go forward,
leaving behind the crumbs and the rust
of broken things.
Tonight I shall snuggle under Your wings
for it is only You that I trust.

© Gina Burgess

About Gina Burgess
Gina studied journalism in college, took a detour to raise two beautiful daughters, and graduated after twenty-five years. Gina’s first love is using her God-given talent to shine a light in a dark world. She is committed to bringing God glory with her writing.

She’s been an editor for several publications, including Lifestyles Editor at her home town's Picayune (Mississippi) Item Newspaper; a weekly column for Studylight.org; and an occasional column for Blogger News Network.

She's a book reviewer for several publishers, a member of Christian Fiction Blog Alliance, and has also taught Sunday School and Discipleship Training for…well, many years!

Check out Gina’s blog and book reviews at:
http://refreshmentrefuge.blogspot.com and http://uponreflectionblog.blogspot.com.

Read more of 20-20 Faith Sight's poetry and biblically based insight by the website's author, Sheryl Young, by clicking here or the "Spiritual Things" Tab near the top.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ms. Young regrets she can no longer accept Anonymous comments at this blogsite, due to incidents of extreme spamming.

20-20 Faith Sight © 2009-2011 Sheryl Young. Template by OurBlogTemplates.com, Optimized by DeluxeTemplates.net, Concept and design by April Lorier.